Grindelwald Guided Day Hike
Enjoy the panoramic views of the famous Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountain peaks
From $525 | Guided Private Day Hike | From June to October
Join us for a Grindelwald Guided Day Hike and spend a day in the famous Jungfrau region. Hike on safe, sign-posted mountain trails in a hiking paradise with stunning views of dramatic mountain peaks and glaciers, green pastures, and Alpine flora and fauna.
On this Grindelwald Guided Day Hike, you’ll enjoy the magnificent area of Jungfrau Region. You will hike around the First cable car station and admire the crystal clear waters of Bachalpsee. Learn more about the history and nature of the region and stay safe while hiking thanks to the assistance of your local guide. Enjoy panoramic views of the famous Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountain peaks. You can choose among three fantastic hikes depending on your fitness level and the weather conditions.
Book the Swiss Alps hiking tour today!
Grindelwald Guided Day Hike Itinerary
This Grindelwald Guided Day Hike has been designed to let you experience the best of the Jungfrau Region. Travel to the authentic alpine village of Grindelwald and plunge into the picture-perfect landscapes under the watchful eye of the famous Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau.
Meet your guide at 08:45 am direclty at your hotel in Grindelwald. If you are not staying in Grindelwald our guide will pick you up at the Grindelwald train station.
Choose the route for your Grindelwald Guided Day Hike on the day according to the weather conditions and your energy levels:
- Panoramic Hike offers the best views of the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau mountain peaks. 4 hours total hiking, 8 miles distance, 700 ft up / 1800 ft down
- Eiger Trail offers stunning views of the Eiger. 3 to 4 hours total hiking, 4 miles distance, depending which way you do this hike it’s either 2200 ft down or 2200 ft up.
- Glacier Walk is very scenic even when the weather is not ideal. 3 hours total hiking, 6 miles distance, 1200 ft up and 1200 ft down.
If you haven’t decided on the trail yet, now is the time to discuss it with your guide.
The Panoramic Hike
This is a medium level hike that offers the best views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountain peaks on a 4-hour trail over a distance of 8 miles with an elevation change of 700 ft up and 1800 ft down.
You will start with a scenic 30 minute gondola ride to the First summit at 2158 m/6500 ft and enjoy views over the beautiful Bachalp lake. Start your hike by walking up to a summit above the tree-line where you are rewarded with magnificent views, seemingly at eye-level, of the famous Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountain peaks. You will then continue on a level path until Bachalpsee, a pristine mountain lake. To finish off your Grindelwald guided day hike, you will descend on foot across green pastures, board a local Post Bus for a 30 minute ride back to Grindelwald.
The Glacier Walk is very scenic even when the weather is not ideal. It takes about 3 hours total hiking time over a distance of 6 miles with an elevation change of 1200 ft up and 1200 ft down.
Way back in 1751 a traveler, Johann Altman, wrote: “As soon as you entered the village of Grindelwald you encountered two large glaciers”. Sadly today these glaciers have receded back into the mountain peaks. However on this hike up the Glacier gorge, you will see where the glacier begins and be awestruck by its beauty. And even if the rest of the Jungfrau region is overcast, you will still see jagged alpine slopes and continue to experience the pristine Jungfrau region landscapes.
Meet up with your guide and then take a 10 minute cable car ride to the start of the trail at 4200 ft (1391 m). Follow a signposted trail on narrow stone paths to an Alpine restaurant at 5400 ft (1772 m) with awesome views of the Eiger glacier. To finish off your Grindelwald Guided Day Hike, descend back to the village with a cable car.
You and your guide will be back at the Grindelwald train station at around 4 pm.
Book the Swiss Alps hiking tour today!
Details and pricing
Adult Standard: US $525 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $820 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss or Jungfrau Travel Pass: Standard Rates less US $25 per person
- All transportation mentioned in the itinerary
- English-speaking local guide
- Items of personal use
See our Cancellation Policy for more details.
Visa, Maestro, and Mastercard are commonly accepted in Switzerland. American Express is not so popular and many businesses don’t accept it. The country is becoming more and more cashless with contactless and mobile payments (Google and Apple Pay). Still, it’s useful to have some cash on you while travelling. All banks provide currency exchange services at a favorable rate.
- Refillable bottle of water
- Comfortable footwear with sturdy soles that have a good grip; ankle-high boots are not essential but recommended
- Warm layered windproof clothing
- Sunhat and sunscreen
- Click on any of the “Book now” buttons on the page.
- You will be redirected to our dedicated booking platform.
- Choose a desired date for your trip and add number of participants. Select departure time, if applicable.
- Fill out the form with all travellers’ details and click “Confirm booking”.
- Once we receive your booking request you will be sent an email with payment instructions from our partner Flywire.
- Follow the instructions in the email.
- Once the payment is processed, your booking is confirmed.
Check our review page