Beautiful Lugano Private Culinary Experience
Learn how to cook an authentic Swiss Risotto and taste local produced wines.
From $495 | Guided Private Walking & Culinary Day Tour | May to October
Lake Lugano’s Swiss-Italian tour.
Gorgeous scenery, famous sailing spots, along with Risotto Workshop and local wine tasting.
Experience the essence of this Italian-speaking region of Switzerland, the canton of Ticino. Be exposed to Lugano’s history, fashion, and gorgeous scenery
Coock your own Risotto with the help of a local and taste the locally produced wines.
Book the guided day trip today!
Lugano Private Culinary Experience Itinerary
Embark on a culinary adventure in Lugano with a hands-on Risotto workshop led by a local expert. Engage in the traditional art of crafting this iconic Italian dish using fresh, regional ingredients. As part of the experience, enjoy a private tour of Lugano, immersing yourself in the local culture and savoring the unique flavors that make this Swiss-Italian city so enchanting.
We meet at 9:00 am at your hotel and walk through a guided tour of the historic center of Lugano.
- The new conference center;
- Santa Maria Degli Angel Church;
- Nassa Street – where all the exclusive fashion stores are located;
- Piazza Riforma;
- And we walk through the superbly landscaped park which sweeps down to the lake to the Lido / Marina area.
We then board a local bus to the beginning of the Gandria Olive Trail Nature footpath.
We take a 1-hour walk on the paved historic “Olive Trail” along the lakeside, and reach the romantic village of Gandria nestled along the banks of Lake Lugano.
Afterwards we board the public boat and cruise to our lunch stop at one of the Grotto’s better dining restaurants.
We will experience an outdoor Grotto Risotto lunch. Our host will set you up with all the ingredients and tools for you to start stirring your risotto.
Local Ticino white or red wine will be served so you can focus on your lunch.
All the while you are overlooking beautiful Lake Lugano with all the surrounding mountains and villages. Your stand-by chef checks with you periodically and finally your risotto is done.
You are then ready to enjoy your self-made excellent tasting grotto lunch.
We return to Lugano by boat and we’ll be back around 3:00 pm.
Book the guided day trip today!
Details and pricing
Adult Standard: US $495 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $685 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rates less US $25 per person
- Meet & greet at your hotel
- Guided historic walk through Lugano and Olive Nature Trail lakeside
- “Grotto” Risotto Workshop lunch with all you can eat “self-made” risotto and local wine over-looking the lake, the villas and the magnificent mountain scenery
- All local transportation
- Local English-speaking Guide providing first-hand information on Switzerland so you get a sense of the people, the place and how it is to live here
- Items of personal nature
See our Cancellation Policy for more details.
Visa, Maestro, and Mastercard are commonly accepted in Switzerland. American Express is not so popular and many businesses don’t accept it. The country is becoming more and more cashless with contactless and mobile payments (Google and Apple Pay). Still, it’s useful to have some cash on you while travelling. All banks provide currency exchange services at a favorable rate.
- Refillable bottle of water
- Sunscreen & sunhat
- Comfortable footwear
Click on the “Book Now” button on this tour page
- On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box
- Input the number of participants
- Go to the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open
- Review the final price – make sure it is correct
- Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box
- Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card
Once the payment has been processed, a written confirmation will be sent to your email address
Check our review page